Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek is one of the most popular trekking destinations of Nepal. This trekking brings you to the hidden world of the Buddhist kingdom. The trekking to this place is through a nearly treeless barren landscape. The trekking is a religious and cultural trek in Nepal which is similar to the lifestyle of Tibetan people. This trekking route lies in the north central part of Nepal which is situated at the top of the Kali Gandaki River bordering with Tibet. The trails follow the ancient salt caravan route through which the people of this place traded salt with Tibetan for grain from the lowland. The major attractions of this trekking are the ancient Tibetan villages, rare medieval Buddhist arts, the culture, tradition, language, unique beauty of the vat high valley, colorful stratified rock formation and the Himalayan desert with the lifetime Himalayan and cultural experiences. This small kingdom is ruled by a local king.
Upper Mustang Trek starts to fly from Pokhara to Jomsom then continue to following upper valley. In the ancient time, this place is used to say lo which is used to be a part of the Tibetan king and there is closely tied to Tibet in culture, language, and geography. The best season for doing trekking in this region from March to November and having trekking in the monsoon time also better this trekking part is rain shadow area in Nepal. Upper Mustang Trek provides you the opportunity to view the wonderful views of Himalayas, along with a forest of pine, rhododendron, oak and its wildlife rivers, hill and landscape are some other interesting charms of this trekking route. At the time of 199s this place is totally banned for the foreigner people but now a day the foreigner tourist can go but they need the permit card to enter in this place. The Professional Trekking Guide will guide the Restricted area of Upper Mustang As Monastery, Culture, history, Temple etc.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus 7 hour
Day 4: Fly to Jomsom & trek 30 minute and Trek to Kagbeni (2700m) 4 hours
Day 05: Trek to Chele (3050m) 6 hours
Day 06: Trek to Ghiling (3540m) 6 hours
Day 07: Trek to Charang (3560m) 6 hours
Day 08: Trek to Lo – Manthang (3700m) 6 hours
Day 09: Exploration of Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar
Day 10: Trek to Drakmar (3810m) 7 hours
Day 11: Trek to Syangmochen (3600m) 7 hours
Day 12: Trek to Chhusang (2800m) 6 hours
Day 13: Trek to Muktinath (3800m) 7 hours
Day 14: Trek to Jomsom (2700m) 5 hours
Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara 30 minute
Day 16: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus 7 hours
Day 17: Final International Departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara
After having breakfast we will drive towards pokhara which is also known as the city of lake. We will go pohkara by seeing natural beauty of Nepal and after reaching pokhara at first we will went towards the hotel and if we have time then we went to see the beautiful lake Phewa Lake where you can enjoy the wonderful views of the Annapurna Himalayan ranges reflected in this lake.
Day 4: Fly to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni
After spending one night in the pokhara valley we have flight for Jomsom then when we reach in the Jomsom we have our breakfast and trek towards Kagbeni. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach kagbeni from Pokhara valley and spend overnight in the pokhara valley.
Day 05: Trek to Chele
After spending one night in the Kagbeni we will slowly starts our trekking toward Chele after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 7 hours to reach Chele from the Kagbeni and us continue our walk and pass another village and cross a river on our way then after we reach in the Chele village and spend overnight in this village.
Day 06: Trek to Ghiling
After spending one night in the Chele we will start our trekking towards Ghiling after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours to reach Ghiling from the Chele and spend overnight in the Ghiling village.
Day 07: Trek to Charang
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our journey towards Gharang after spending one night in the Ghiling. It takes almost 4 to 5 hour to reach Charang from the Ghiling village and spend one night in this village.
Day 08: Trek to Lo - Manthang
After spending one night in the Charang we will slowly starts our journey toward Lo Manthang after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach lo Manthang from the Charang and in the way we have an opportunity to explore many beautiful scenery of this region and spend over night in this place.
Day 09: Exploration of Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar
Today we don’t start our trekking because we will visit all around the Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar. We will spend our day by touring all the gompa of this region and spend one night in the Tingkhar.
Day 10: Trek to Drakmar
After spending one night in the Tinkhar we will slowly start our journey toward Drakmar after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach Drakmar from Tingkhar we can explore the Gompa and continue our trek to Drakmar and spend one night in this village.
Day 11: Trek to Syangmochen
After having breakfast in the morning we will start our trekking toward Syangmochen after spending one night in the Drakmar. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours from Drakmar to reach Syangmochen and spend overnight in this village.
Day 12: Trek to Chhusang
After spending one night Syangmochen we will start our journey toward Chhusang after having breakfast in the morning. On the way to the Chhusang we have cross kali Gandaki River and pass other some desert land.
Day 13: Trek to Muktinath
After having breakfast in the morning we will start our trekking toward Muktinath after spending one night in the Chhusang. It takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach Muktinath from the Chhusang which is also known as the holy place for both Buddhist and Hinduism and spend overnight in this place.
Day 14: Trek to Jomsom
After spending over night in Muktinath we will slowly starts our trekking towards Jomsonm after having breakfast early in the morning. On the route we get an opportunity to explore many beautiful villages and spend overnight in the Jomsome.
Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara
After having breakfast in Jomsom we will come back to pokhara by flight and we explore whole day in the pokhara which is also known as the city of the lake.
Day 16: Pokhara to Kathmandu
We will drive to Kathmandu valley on the same highway we took to go to pokhara from the similar route through the hills and valleys. Another six hours in the highway will gives us time to observe the villages and town on the way from a different angle and after reaching Kathmandu and checking in the hotels we will have some free time to wander around the street of Thamel.
Day 17: Final Departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trek as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or coffee).
- All Trekking Permit ACAP
- Special Permit $ 500 Per Person
- All Ground Local transportation.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
- Both way Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara by flight
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.