Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang Valley Trek is the nearest route which is laying just 132 km from the north of Kathmandu valley. This trekking adventure takes the trekkers to the scenic Langtang valley in the Langtang region of the Himalayan. During part of the trekking, we will walk through the National Park which is the house of more than 100 plants, bird of 150 species and many other mammals and among those found in the park are monkey, musk, deer, pika and the national birds of Nepal Danphe which is very colorful. It is a religious, cultural and adventure which is the treasure of this valley. The major attraction of the region is the unique culture of Tamang people who are originally originated from the Tibet and their religious practices, language and dress are very similar to those of Tibet than to traditions of their cousins in the middle hills. This is a superb introduction to trekking in Nepal among some of the most beautiful scenery in the whole country.
Langtang Valley Trek is considered as the Nepal third largest trekking destination. Trekkers in this region will have quite comfortable and safe to stay during to their travel period in this region. The trek is best started either from Dhunche or Syabru Besi. Trekking in this region is one of the visited trekking routes of Nepal which indulge regular and novice trekkers alike in a once in a lifetime experience and at the time of the trekking, we have to follow the river upstream through a forest of pine, bamboo, and rhododendron. The season for having trekking in this region is March to June and September to December. The trekking trails offer up close and the personal views of high peak and the protected area have divers’ flora and fauna.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Besi by public bus or Jeep 7 hours
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m.) 6 hours
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village (3500m) 6 hours
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3750m.) 3 hours
Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa Exploration Day
Day 08: Trek Back to Lama Hotel 6 hours
Day 09: Trek to Syabru Bensi (1400m) 6 hours
Day 10: Drive Back to Kathmandu 7 hours by Jeep
Day 11: Final International Departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Besi
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly drive towards Syabru besi by the local bus after spending one night in the Kathmandu valley. It is the starting point of this trekking which takes almost 7 to 8 hours to reaches Syabru Basi from Kathmandu valley and spends one night in this village.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our trekking towards Lama hotelofter spending one night in the Syabru besi. We begin our trek to Syabru basi along the Langtang Khola which takes almost 6 hours to reach Lama Hotel from the Syabru besi and spend overnight in the lama hotel.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village
After spending one night in the Lama hotel we will slowly starts our trekking towards Langtang village after having breakfast in the lama hotel. To reach our destination we have to pass through the lots of Buddhist mani walls, chhortens, villages, forested part to enjoy the nature, culture spiritually to the most which takes almost 5 hours to reach langtang village fro Lama hotel at the height of 3500m and spend one night in the Langtang village.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa
After spending one night in the Langtang village we will start our journey towards Kyanjin Gompa after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 3 hours to reach Kyanji Gompa from the Langtang village which is at the height of 3870m from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa Exploration Day
We spend whole day exploring Kyanjin Gompa and the monasteries of this region. The sun rise view from the top of Kyanjin Gompa is extraordinary. We spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the Buddhist Shrine in this village and surrounding areas with the amazing views of the mountains.
Day 08: Trek Back to Lama Hotel
After having breakfast we will slowly start our trekking back to Lama Hotel after spending one night in the Kyanjin Gompa. Most of the trekking today will be downhill as we pass through the forest and beautiful Tamang village.
Day 09: Trek to Syabru Besi
After having breakfast we will slowly starts our trekking back to Syabru basi after spending one night in the Lama hotel. The trek will be easier as it will mostly involved descending and spend overnight in the Syabru basi.
Day 10: Drive Back to Kathmandu
We will drive to Kathmandu valley on the same highway we took to go to Syabru besi from the similar route through the hills and valleys. Another six hours in the highway will gives us time to observe the villages and town on the way from a different angle and after reaching Kathmandu and checking in the hotels we will have some free time to wander around the street of Thamel.
Day 11: Final Departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trek as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or coffee).
- All Trekking Permit Langtang National Park and TIMS Card.
- All Ground Local transportation.
- Both way Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi to Syabrubesi by Jeep
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.