Langtang Goshaikunda Lake Trek
Langtang Goshaikunda Lake Trek is one of the moderate treks around the Langtang region. This trekking in Nepal can be done in as little as a week. With the help of this trekking, we can get to explore the beautiful Langtang national park. The trekking combines the three important places of the Langtang region. The forest of this region is also known as the home of the wildlife special that include red pandas, Himalayan black beer, and wild boar and langur monkeys. This trek covers the Langtang Valley Trek and the holy pilgrimage lake of Goshaikunda. Hike in the upper valley is sure to detain you for another two or three days. We pass through oak and rhododendron forest and even cross glacial on our way to the Tamang village of Langtang. During the trekking, we will know about the culture, tradition, and religion of the ethnical group of the people who use to live here.
Langtang Goshaikunda Lake Trek is one of the popular trekking routes of Nepal which starts from Syabrubeshi. This is the amazing and adventurous blend of this region trekking and this lake trekking which offers you the diversity of spectacular views of the Himalayas with a vast number of exciting ethnic encounters. Autumn and spring are the awesome seasons for having trekking in this region. We trek to the end of the valley to view the wonderful mountain views. Langtang Goshaikunda Lake Trek is one of the sacred places for the Hindu pilgrimage people where the great festival held on August full moon day. In the trekking Langtang national park offers the amazing variety of flora and fauna and such a wonderful local culture. This trekking also provides us with an opportunity to visit some of the Buddhist monasteries and the delightful villages of Tarkegyang and Sermathang.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi by jeep 7 hours
Day 04: Trek from Syabrubeshi to Lama Hotel (2500m) 6 hours
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3500m) 6 hours
Day 06: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa (3750m) 3 hours
Day 07: Explore around Kyanjin Gompa and Climb to Tserko Ri (5100m) 8 hours
Day 08: Trek from Kyangin Gompa to Lama Hotel 6 hours
Day 09: Trek from Lama to Thulosyabru (3200m) 6 hours
Day 10: Trek from Thulosyabru to Sing Gompa (3500m) 6 hours
Day 11: Trek from Sing Gompa to Goshaikunda (4400m) 6 hours
Day 12: Trek from Goshaikunda to Dhunche (1900m) 6 hours
Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu from Dhunche 5 hours
Day 14: Final International Departure
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly drive towards Syabru besi by the local bus after spending one night in the Kathmandu valley. It is the starting point of this trekking which takes almost 7 to 8 hours to reaches Syabru Basi from Kathmandu valley and spends one night in this village.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our trekking towards Lama hotelofter spending one night in the Syabru besi. We begin our trek to Syabru basi along the Langtang Khola which takes almost 6 hours to reach Lama Hotel from the Syabru besi and spend overnight in the lama hotel.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village
After spending one night in the Lama hotel we will slowly starts our trekking towards Langtang village after having breakfast in the lama hotel. To reach our destination we have to pass through the lots of Buddhist mani walls, chhortens, villages, forested part to enjoy the nature, culture spiritually to the most which takes almost 5 hours to reach langtang village fro Lama hotel at the height of 3500m and spend one night in the Langtang village.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa
After spending one night in the Langtang village we will start our journey towards Kyanjin Gompa after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 3 hours to reach Kyanji Gompa from the Langtang village which is at the height of 3870m from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 07: Explore around Kyanjin Gompa and Climb to Tserko Ri
We spend whole day exploring Kyanjin Gompa and the monasteries of this region. The sun rise view from the top of Kyanjin Gompa is extraordinary. We spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the Buddhist Shrine in this village and surrounding areas with the amazing views of the mountains and climb to Tserko Ri.
Day 08: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama hotel
After having breakfast in the morning we will start our journey towards the Ghoda Tabela after spending one night in the Kyanjin Gompa. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Ghoda Tabela from the Kyanjin Gompa and spend overnight in the Ghoda Tabela.
Day 09: Trek from Lama Hotel to Thulosyabru
After having breakfast in the morning we will start our trekking towards thulosyabru after spending one night in the lama hotel. It takes almost 5 to 6 hour to reach Thulo syabru which lies 2230m from the sea level and spend one night in the thulosyabru.
Day 10: Trek from Thulosyabru to sing gompa
After having breakfast in the morning we will start our trekking towards Sing Gompa after spending one night in the Thulosyabru. After trekking for a while we pass a chorten and a checkpoint and it takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Sing Gompa from thulosyabru and spend overnight in the sing Gompa.
Day 11: Trek from Sing gompa to Goshaikunda
After spending one night in the sing Gompa we will slowly start our trekking towards Goshaikunda after having breakfast in the morning. The slightly goes through the uphill through the Goshikunda and it takes almost 5 t 6 hours to reach goshaikunda from sing Gompa at the height of 4460m from the sea level and spend one night in this place.
Day 12: Trek from Goshaikunda to Dhunche
After breakfast in the morning we will start trekking towards Dhunche after spending one night in the Goshaikunda. It takes almost 8 hours to reach Goshaikunda from Dhunche the height of the 2090m from the sea level and spend one night in the Dhunche.
Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu from Dhunche
We will drive to Kathmandu valley on the same highway we took to go to Dhunche from the similar route through the hills and valleys. Another six hours in the highway will gives us time to observe the villages and town on the way from a different angle and after reaching Kathmandu and checking in the hotels we will have some free time to wander around the street of Thamel.
Day 14: Final International Departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trek as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or coffee).
- All Trekking Permit Langtang National Park and TIMS Card.
- All Ground Local transportation.
- Both way Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi to Dhunche by Jeep
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.