Island Peak Climbing
Island Peak Climbing is also known as the Imja Tse which is beautifully located in the middle of the Chhukung valley. There are no doubts that Himalayan peaks have drawn adventure, climbers and cultural enthusiast for many decades. It is one of the popular trekking peaks climbing which is located in the Khumbu region of Nepal. The starting point and the ending point of this peak climbing is Chhukung valley and on the top of Chhukung glacier between Mt Lhotse and Mt Ama Dablam. It is suitable to all the novice climbers and the experienced trekkers. This name was named by Eric Shipton’s party in 1951. During the time of this peak climbing, we will get an opportunity to see the wonderful Himalayan views. With the best people in this field and a bit of effort from your side this peak is conquerable. It offers an elating climbing experienced beyond simply trekking in Nepal with a hike to Everest base camp at one go.
Island Peak Climbing Via Everest Base Camp Trek the best trekking peaks for adventure climbing. It is also a popular destination for the adventure seeker and for this peak climbing the trekkers have physical fitness and climbing experience is necessary for this peak climbing. The journey offers some of the most striking scenery in the Khumbu region through the beautiful villages of the Dingboche. The warm hospitality by the Sherpa people makes the trails more enjoyable and memorable. Island Peak Climbing can be one of the most extraordinary trekking climbing experienced in the world. During this peak climbing, we get an opportunity to explore Sagarmatha national park which is famous for its exotic Himalayan wildlife like musk deer, mountain goats, colorful pheasant, and red panda and snow leopard. The best season for this peak climbing is from March to May and September to November.
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu TIA and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Full Sight Seeing in Kathmandu and Preparation EBC via Island Peak Climbing
Day 03: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding (2,651m/8,700ft): 40 minutes flight; 8km, 3 – 4 hours trek
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,438m/11,280 ft): 11km, 5 – 6 hours
Day 05: Acclimatization Explore day visit to Everest View hotel
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Phortse Village (3,700) 5- 6 hours
Day 07: Phortse Village to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 9km, 5 – 6 hours
Day 08: Acclimatization Explore day, little day hike
Day 09: Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930m/16,170ft): 5-6 hours
Day 10: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5364m/17,594ft): 6-7 hours
Day 11: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft) and back to Dingboche (4400m) 7-8 hours
Day 12: Dingboche to Chhukung (4750m) 3 hours
Day 13: Chhukung to Island Peak base camp (5000m/17,060ft): 3-4 hours
Day 14: Island Peak base camp to Island Peak summit (6,189m/20,305ft), back to base camp: 10-12 hours
Day 15: Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3,985m/13,074ft) 5-6 hours
Day 16: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,286ft): 4-5 hours
Day 17: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft): 6-7 hours
Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
Day 19: Final International Departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding
After having breakfast in the morning the guide will take you towards Tribhuvan international airport flying for about 35 minutes enjoying beautiful views of the middle hills and mountain of Nepal and we land lukla. After reaching lukla we will slowly start our trekking towards Phakding which takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Phakding from lukla which is at the height of 2610 meter fom the sea level and spends one night in this place.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our trek towards Namche bazaar after spending one night in the Phakding. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours to reach Namche Bazaar from Phakding which lies at the height of 3440m from the sea level and spend overnight in Namche bazaar.
Day 05: Acclimatize day at Namche bazaar
Today we don’t start our trekking because today is for rest. We will hike up the syangboche airport and the Everest views hotel which is one of the highest placed hotels of the world and day and hike one of the hiking destinations in the area and back to the hotel and spend overnight in the namche bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Phortse
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our trek towards Phortse after spending one night in the Namche bazaar. It takes almost 6 hours to reach Phortse from Namche bazaar which lies at the height of 3860 meter from the sea level and spend overnight in this place.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our trek towards dingboche after spending one night in the Tengboche. During the time of trekking we will passes through the lush forest of birch, confer and rhododendron trees and it takes almost 5 to 6 hours to reach Dingboche from the Tengbouche and spend one night in this place.
Day 08: Acclimatized day
Today we don’t start our trekking because today is for the rest and explore around the Dingboche. From here we can see the beautiful scenery of the nature and wonderful views of the mountains and spend overnight in this place.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche
After having breakfast trek to Lobuche take 5-6 hours, beautiful khumbu valley himlayan scenery and trail goes front of Amadablam face continue to thukla take lunch then couple our trek to Lobuche stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp & Return to Gorakshep
Early morning trek to Gorakshep take breakfast and take accommodation at lodge after that leave all belong just carry on day pack visit to Everest Base Camp (5365m.) the day is very hard and long take 8-9 hours Jig Zack trail on the rock and snow to reach at EBC then return to Gorakshep stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Hike up Kalapathar Return to Dingboche
Early morning hike up kalapathar take 1 and half hour to reach at top 5545 mt. which is one of the awesome sunrise views front face Mt. everest and Nuptse take lot’s of pictures then return to gorakshep take breakfast after that continue to Dingboche stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek Chhukung
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Chhukung after spending one night in Dingboche. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Chhukung from Dingbochewhich lies at the height of 4730 meter from the sea level and we will spend one night in this village.
Day 13: Trek to Island Peak Base camp
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Island peak base camp after spending one night in Chhukung. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Island peak climbing from Chhukung which lies at the height 5200 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 14: Island Peak High Camp
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Island peak high camp after spending one night in Island peak base camp. In the route we can enjoy the breathtaking views peak which takes almost 2 to 3 hours to reach Island peak High Camp from Island Peak Base Camp and spend one night in this place.
Day 15: Island Peak summit & return back to Base Camp
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking to summit island peak after spending one night in Island peak high camp. After summiting island peak we will slowly start our trekking by coming back towards Base Camp which takes almost 9 to 10 hours to reach Base Camp from island peak and spend one night in this place.
Day 16: Trek to Pangboche
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Khumjung after spending one night in Chhukung. During the time of this day trek we will pass through lush forest of rhododendron and pine which takes almost 4 to 5 hours to reach Khumjung from Chhukung at the height of 3440 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 17: Trek to Namche
After spending one night in Khumjung we will slowly start our trekking towards Namche bazaar after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 4 to 5 hours to reach Namche bazaar from Khumjung and spend one night in this valley.
Day 19: Trek to Lukla
After having breakfast we will start our trekking come downward to the lukla after spending one night in the Namche bazaar. It takes almost 6 hours to reach lukla from the Namche bazaar which is at the height 2804 meter from the sea level and spend overnight in lukla.
Day 19: Fly to Kathmandu
We will come back to Kathmandu valley by flying from the lukla airport. After reaching in the Kathmandu valley you will transfer to the hotel and take some rest and evening walk in the Thamel bazaar.
Day 17: Final departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu. The hotel is very clean, 24 hour hot shower, TV, free WI-FI and best location in Thamel city center.
- Both Way Domestic Air Ticket Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu
- You’re Meal in During the Trekking as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea of Coffee).
- $ 250 Per Person Special Climbing Permit.
- $ 300 Climbing Sherpa Per Person his climbing fee, insurance, equipment, food, accommodation etc.
- $ 500 Garbage Deposit.
- Climbing Gear as Harness, figure Eight, Rope, Snow bar
- 2 night full board Camp site at Base Camp
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing Equipment as boots, Helpmate, Ice Exes
- Food in city Kathmandu (Also arrive early from mountain than our Itinerary.
- Your personal expenses. (Phone call, Laundry service, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porter, bottle of water or hot water, shower etc.)
- The entire alcoholic drinks and bar bills.
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, and walking stick
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Extra Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu because of Early arrive or late departure. Early arrive from mountain (due to any reason) than the schedule Itinerary.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.