Shivapuri Nagarkot Trek
Shivapuri Nagarkot Trek is one of the finest trekking routes which are nearby Kathmandu valley and it is just 25 km from the Kathmandu valley. This trek provides an instant experience of the rural life of Nepal. Trek offers you a great chance to explore disputant wonder of nature, rural area of Nepal and also the awe exalting magnificent mountain views. While having trekking in this we can get an opportunity to see the natural beauty and flora and fauna like pine, oak, rhododendron, and animals like sloth bear, leopard, large Indian civet, Himalayan throated marten, wild boar, Goral, Indian porcupine and common langur etc and the song of the birds which makes our trek wonderful. The trek is named after the Shivapuri national park which is the regarded as the nearest national park from the international park. You will walk through the villages, green jungle, streams, and visit temples, monasteries and enjoy the views of the beautiful landscape of the Kathmandu valley panoramic Himalayan in very short time. the trail to Helambu Circuit Trek connects along the Langtang Goshaikunda lake, a bundle of Langtang Region.
Shivapuri Nagarkot Trek starts from the Budhanilakantha which are the holy temple of Hindu god Vishnu. The trekking is designed by for the beginner trekkers and can’t walk for long distance. The trek is one of the best treks to views Mount Everest, as well as other snow, topped peaks of the Himalayan range of the eastern part of Nepal. The Shivapuri Nagarkot Trek provides you an opportunity to experience the rich culture and traditions of the people in the remote village of the region. When we gain our height to Nagarkot from where we would see other mountains too. The best season for doing trekking in this route is January to February and October to November. The trekking is suitable for all aged people and best for those who don’t want to walk all the way of long adventure trekking.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Kathmandu to drive Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani (2100m) 6 hours
Day 04: Chisapani to Nagarkot (1900m) 8 hours
Day 05: Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1200m) 6 hours
Day 06: Dhulikhel to Kathmandu by Car 1 hours
Day 07: Final International departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Sundarijal by car and Trek to Chisapani
After having breakfast drive to sundarijal take 1 hour drive and trek to Shivapuri danda which is 2400m. Elevation above sea level, “Beautiful villages and drinking water source passing and into jungle” Toward to Chisopani and stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Chisapani to Nagarkot
After spend one night in the chisapani we will slowly start our trekking towards Nagarkot after having breakfast in the morning. From where we can see the beautiful mountain views which directly attract your eyes towards the natural beauty of this place. It takes almost 7 hours to reach Nagarkot from chisapani which lies at the height of 2175m from the sea level and spend overnight in the Nagarkot.
Day 05: Nagarkot to Dhulikhel
After spend one night in the Nagarkot we will slowly start our trekking towards Dhulikhel after having breakfast in the morning. It is almost an hour’s east drive from the Kathmandu valley which is at the height of 1440m from the sea level and spends one night in the Dhulikhel.
Day 06: Dhulikhel to Kathmandu
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Kathmandu valley after spending one night in the Dhulikhel. Our guide will takes us to visit the world heritage sites and after reaching Kathmandu and checking in the hotels we will have some free time to wander around the street of Thamel.
Day 07: Final departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trek as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or coffee).
- All Trekking Permit Shivapuri National Park and TIMS Card.
- All Ground Local transportation.
- Both way Kathmandu to Sundarijal by car or van and dhulikhel kathmandu by Car.
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.