Lower Dolpo Trek
Lower Dolpo Trek is one of the remote areas of Himalayan Nepal. The region is rich in ethnic Tibetan culture and arts. The legendary hidden land closed for years to trekkers. This trekking is another option to visit this wonderland of the far west region which cost trekkers to pay less permit fee. There used to be a small kingdom in this region or place before. Trekking in this region has its own charm, people here still lead a primitive life, yet they are friendly. The trail is considered as one the idyll unexplored trail lays in the isolated spectacular area of High Himalayan valleys to South and West to Jumal District. This trekking route is situated in the western part of the country and it is one of the most remote Trekkings in Nepal. It is now only possible to enter Dolpa through an expensive and restricted area permit. Trekking to this region also offers awe-inspiring journey which may add your unforgettable holiday in the Himalayans of Nepal.
Lower Dolpo Trek is one of the beautiful regions consisting many gigantic mountain ranges which are an outstanding trek in the isolated area of west Nepal. The trail will pass through three high passes like Kagmara La, Baga La, and Numa La, which is Nepal’s highest waterfall and dramatically clear waters of deep-blue idyllic Shey Phoksundo Lake along the very remote areas. This trekking offers the outstanding trekking experiences in the remote western region of Nepal. Lower Dolpo Trek starts from with tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu and then we will dive to Nepalgunj after a short flight from Juphal. The best season for this trekking is April to May, June to July and August to September and this trekking trial can be done even during the Monsoon season as it is located in the rain shadow areas. Local Trekking Agency in Nepal and Expert Trekking Guide deal you best price and wonder holidays in Nepal.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Full day Sight Seeing Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: By Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 1 hour
Day 04 Fly Nepalgunj- Juphal / Trek Juphal- Dunai (2150m)
Day 05: Trek to Tarakot (2540m) 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Laini Odar (3375m.) 4-5 hrs
Day 07: Lain Odhar to Nawarpani (3950m) 6 hour
Day 08: Trek to Dho Tarap (3950m.) 6/7 hrs
Day 09: At Dho Tarap for Acclimatization
Day 10: Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4350m.) 4-5 hrs
Day 11: Trek to Danighar (4510m) via Numa La Pass (5310m) 6/7 hrs
Day 12: Trek to Temche (4000m.) via Baga La Pass (5170m) 5-6 hrs
Day 13: Trek to Phoksundo(3600m) 6 hours
Day 14: Explore the Phoksundo Lake
Day 15: Trek to Chepka (6 hrs)
Day 16: Trek to Juphal (6 hrs)
Day 17: Juphal to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
Day 18: Final International Departure
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Nepalganj
After having breakfast in the morning we get early morning flight Nepalganj which lies in the western region of Nepal. After reach in Nepalganj first we checkout in the hotel and explore in the Nepalgunj city and we will spend overnight in this city.
Day 04: Fly to Juphal (2,400m) and trek to Dunai
After having breakfast in the morning we get early morning flight to Juphal. After reach in juphal we will slowly walk towards Dunai which takes almost 3 hours to reach Duni village and we will spend one night in the Dunai.
Day 05: Dunai to Tarakot
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Tarakot after spending one night in Dunai. It takes almost 5 to 6 hour to reach Tarakot from Dunai which lies at the height of 2543 meter from the sea level and we will spend one night in Tarakot.
Day 06: Tarakot to Laini
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Laini village after spending one night in Tarakot. We pass through the farm terraces and rural villages it takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach Laini from Tarakot which lies at the height 3160 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 07: Laini to Nawarpani
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Nawarpani after spending one night in Laini. During the time of this day trek we climb on a steep trails and walk along switchback above the Tarap River which takes almost 5 to 6 hours to reach Nawarpani from Laini which lies at the height of 4090 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 08: Nawarpani to Do Tarap
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Do Tarap after spending one night in Nawarpni. While doing trekking in this route we will slowly pass through the narrow George and leave the three lines behind us and wild roses and juniper bushes with the typical of the inner Himalayan valleys and spend one night in Do Tarap.
Day 09: Rest Day at Do Tarap for acclimatization
This day is for the rest so today we don’t start our trekking. We get an opportunity to know about the lifestyle of the local people and their religion, traditions and culture and spend one night in this village.
Day 10: Trek to Numa La Base Camp
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Numa La base camp after spending one night in Do tarap. It takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach Numa la base camp fro do tarap which lies at the height 4440 meter from the sea level and spend one night in the Numa la base camp.
Day 11: Cross Numa La pass and camp at Pelung Tang
After having breakfast early in the morning we will start our trekking towards Pelung Tang after spending one night in Numa la pass. It takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach Pelung Tang from Numa la pass which is at the height of 4465 from the sea level.
Day 12: Cross Baga La pass, trek to Dajok Tang
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Dajok Tang by crossing the Baga la pass. It takes almost 6 hours to reach Dajok Tang which lies at the height of 4080 meter from the sea level and spend one night in the Dajok tang.
Day 13: Dajok Tang to Ringmo
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Ringmo after spending one night in the Dajok Tang. We pass through the beautiful pine forest and alpine vegetation which takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Ringmo from Dajok Tang at the height of 3600 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 14: Hike to Phoksundo Lake
After having breakfast early in the morning we explore to the great Phoksundo Lake and in the route we can enjoy a relaxing walk on the serene lake shores and we will spend one night in Phoksundo Lake.
Day 15: Phoksundo Lake to Shyanta
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Shyanta after spending one night in Phoksundo Lake. We have pass through the many beautiful village before climbing Shyanta and spend one night in this village.
Day 16: Shyanta to Jhupal
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Juphal after spending one night in Shyanta. It takes almost 2 to 3 hours to reach Juphal from Shyanta which lies at the height of 2520 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 17: fly to Kathmandu
After having breakfast in the morning we take early flight towards Kathmandu. After reach in Kathmandu first we checkout the hotel and get some rest and in the evening time we explore the thamel bazaar.
Day 18: Final departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trekking as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or Coffee).
- All Trekking Permit (Dhorpatan Park Permit) and TIMS Card.
- All Domestic airfare Kathmandu to Nepalganj to Jhuphal and Jhuphal to Nepalganj to Kathmandu.
- All Ground transportation.
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.