Langtang Tamang Heritage Trail
Langtang Tamang Heritage Trail is one of the nearest trekking routes from the Kathmandu valley. The trek explores real Rasuwa Tamang people culture and we will know from the better way to the Tamang people and it is the cultural trek through Tamang village in Langtang and the wonderful views of the Himalayan. This route lies in the northern part of the Kathmandu valley. The mix of mountain adventure, Himalayan culture, and Tamang heritages are the main factor which makes the trek more interesting. Langtang Tamang Heritage Trail is an excellent introduction to the trekkers. The trails display to you the rich historical and cultural heritage of the ethnical group people as well as the wonderful mountain views, beautiful farming hamlet and rich jungle land. People living in this region are mostly Buddhist and grew some hardy grains and vegetables. With the help of this trekking, we can get to explore the beautiful Langtang national park. The Trails is Connected Langtang Valley Trek and Goshaikundal Lake, Just Beside the south part of Nepal and bottom of Ganesh Himal.
Langtang Tamang Heritage Trail is a popular trekking trail which is newly discovered trail of Langtang Trekking in Nepal. The trek starts from the Syabrubasi after 7 to 8 hours drive from Kathmandu valley. During the trek along unbeaten trails and offering a total wilderness experience you will explore traditional Tamang villages, unspoiled and virtually untouched culture, life, crafts, and nature. The trail is a new tourism product that promotes sustainable and responsible tourism. In this region, people wear colorful dresses and their houses are decorated with fabulous woodcarving. This is also a region of ancient Tibetan monasteries, rhododendron and bamboo forests, a settlement for red Panda majestic waterfalls, snow-capped Himalayas. This trek is an exciting trek into the Himalayas that offers travelers a peek into the everyday lives of the Tamang people. The best season for having trekking in this region is spring and autumn.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi by jeep 7 hours
Day 4: Trek begins: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2200m) 6 hours
Day 5: Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m) 6 hours
Day 6: Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali (2400m) 5 hours
Day 7: Thuman to Briddim (2345m) 6 hours
Day 8: Briddim to Lama Hotel (2500m) 6 hours
Day 9: Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3500m) 6 hours
Day 10: Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa (3750m) 3 hours
Day 11: Trek back to Lama Hotel 6 hours
Day 12: Trek ends to Syabrubesi 6 hours
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu by jeep 7 hours
Day 14: Final International departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly drive towards Syabru besi by the local bus after spending one night in the Kathmandu valley. It is the starting point of this trekking which takes almost 7 to 8 hours to reaches Syabru Basi from Kathmandu valley and spends one night in this village.
Day 4: Syabrubesi to Gatlang
After havig breakfast in the morning we will starts our journey towards Gatlang after spending one night in the Syabrubesi. We will hike across the Goljung Village enjoying the views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung and other it takes almost 5 hours to reach Gatlang from the syabrubesi which lies at the height of 2200m from the sea level and spend overnight in the Gatlang.
Day 5: Gatlang to Tatopani
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Tatopani after spending one night in the Gatlang. We will pass by the Chilime hydropower dam and ascend until tatopani it takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach tatopani from the Gatlang which lies at the height of 2607m from the sea level and spend overnight in the Tatopani.
Day 6: Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards thuman after spending one night in this valley. It takes almost 6 hours to reach Thuman from the Tatopani which lies in the height 2400m from the sea level and spend one night in this valley.
Day 7: Thuman to Briddim
After having breakfast in the morning we will start our trekking towards Briddim after spending one night in the Thuman. It takes almost 6 hours to reach Briddim from the thuman which lies of 2345m from the sea level and spend one night in the Beiddim.
Day 8: Briddim to Lama Hotel
After having breakfast we will slowly start our trekking back to Lama Hotel after spending one night in the Briddim. Most of the trekking today will be downhill as we pass through the forest and beautiful Tamang village.
Day 9: Lama Hotel to Langtang village
After spending one night in the Lama hotel we will slowly starts our trekking towards Langtang village after having breakfast in the lama hotel. To reach our destination we have to pass through the lots of Buddhist mani walls, chhortens, villages, forested part to enjoy the nature, culture spiritually to the most which takes almost 5 hours to reach langtang village fro Lama hotel at the height of 3500m and spend one night in the Langtang village.
Day 10: Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa
After spending one night in the Langtang village we will start our journey towards Kyanjin Gompa after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 3 hours to reach Kyanji Gompa from the Langtang village which is at the height of 3870m from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 11: Trek back to Lama Hotel
After having breakfast we will slowly start our trekking back to Lama Hotel after spending one night in the Kyanjin Gompa. Most of the trekking today will be downhill as we pass through the forest and beautiful Tamang village.
Day 12: Trek ends to Syabrubesi
After having breakfast we will slowly starts our trekking back to Syabru basi after spending one night in the Lama hotel. The trek will be easier as it will mostly involved descending and spend overnight in the Syabru basi.
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu
We will drive to Kathmandu valley on the same highway we took to go to Syabru besi from the similar route through the hills and valleys. Another six hours in the highway will gives us time to observe the villages and town on the way from a different angle and after reaching Kathmandu and checking in the hotels we will have some free time to wander around the street of Thamel.
Day 14: Final departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trek as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or coffee).
- All Trekking Permit Langtang National Park and TIMS Card.
- All Ground Local transportation.
- Both way Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by Jeep
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.