Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek
Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek is the popular trekking route in Langtang region which offers an opportunity to explore Tibetan villages, Tamang villages, and wonderful views of the mountain and to visit glacier at the comfortably low elevation. This trekking in Nepal can be done in as little as a week and with the help of this trekking, we can get to explore the beautiful Langtang national park. During the trekking time trekker can enjoy Buddhist culture and traditions and the beautiful Himalayan sightseeing, as well as beautiful Buddhist monasteries, can be seen the way. The forest in this region has temperate and subalpine vegetation which include wildlife like migratory birds, deer, monkeys, Thar, and Pika. During the trekking, we will know about the culture, tradition, and religion of the ethnical group of the people who use to live here. It is one of the trekking peaks where you can climb with a permit from the Nepal Mountaineering Association. The Passes reputed as harder and Technical Adventure and need to Professional Mountain Guide in Nepal. Because pass is not open all year and just Spring and Autumn only
Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek is one of popular trekking route of Nepal which starts from Syabrubeshi from where you will follow the Langtang River to the east until you get to Kyanjin Gompa which is the small Buddhist monastery. This is the amazing and adventurous blend of this region trekking and this lake trekking which offers you the diversity of spectacular views of the Himalayas with a vast number of exciting ethnic encounters. Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek into the Himalayas that offers travelers a peek into the everyday lives of the Tamang people. The highest point of this trek is Ganja la pass. The trail makes a steep climb along the ridge on the south side of the valley through the forest of rhododendron and juniper. For trekking in this region, the best season is March to May and September to December.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing tour
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 7 hours
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m) 6 hours
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village (3500m) 6 hours
Day 06: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3750m) 3 hours
Day 07: Explore Kyangjin Gompa
Day 08: Trek to Ganja La Phedi (4200m) 5 hours
Day 09: Cross the Ganja La pass Trek to Keldang (5110m) 8 hours
Day 10: Trek to Yak Kharka (4300m) 6 hours
Day 11: Trek to Tarke Gyang (2500m) 6 hours
Day 12: Trek to Sermathang (2400m) 4 hours
Day 13: Trek to Malemchi Pul Bazaar and Drive to Kathmandu
Day 14: Final International departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly drive towards Syabru besi by the local bus after spending one night in the Kathmandu valley. It is the starting point of this trekking which takes almost 7 to 8 hours to reaches Syabru Basi from Kathmandu valley and spends one night in this village.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel
After having breakfast in the morning we will slowly starts our trekking towards Lama hotelofter spending one night in the Syabru besi. We begin our trek to Syabru basi along the Langtang Khola which takes almost 6 hours to reach Lama Hotel from the Syabru besi and spend overnight in the lama hotel.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village
After spending one night in the Lama hotel we will slowly starts our trekking towards Langtang village after having breakfast in the lama hotel. To reach our destination we have to pass through the lots of Buddhist mani walls, chhortens, villages, forested part to enjoy the nature, culture spiritually to the most which takes almost 5 hours to reach langtang village fro Lama hotel at the height of 3500m and spend one night in the Langtang village.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa
After spending one night in the Langtang village we will start our journey towards Kyanjin Gompa after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 3 hours to reach Kyanji Gompa from the Langtang village which is at the height of 3870m from the sea level and spend one night in this village.
Day 07: Explore Kyangjin Gompa
We spend whole day exploring Kyanjin Gompa and the monasteries of this region. The sun rise view from the top of Kyanjin Gompa is extraordinary. We spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the Buddhist Shrine in this village and surrounding areas with the amazing views of the mountains.
Day 08: Trek to Ganja La phedi
After spending one night in the Kyanjin Gompa we will slowly start our trekking towards Ganja la phedi after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours from the Kyanjin Gompa to reach Ganja la phedi which is at the height of 4300m from the sea level and stay overnight in this place.
Day 09: Cross the Ganja La pass Trek to Keldang
After spending one night in the Ganja la Phedi we will slowly start our trekking towards keldang after having breakfast in the morning. We will enjoy the spectacular views from the pass which takes almost 6 to 7 hours from the Ganja la pass to reach Keldang which lies at the height of 5122m from the sea level and spend overnight in this place.
Day 10: Trek to Yak Kharka
After spending one night in the Keldang we will slowly start our trekking towards Yak Kharka after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours to reach Yak kharka from the Keldng which lies at the height of 4000m from the sea level and spend overnight in this village.
Day 11: Trek to Tarke Gyang
After spending one night in the Yak Kharka we will slowly start our trekking towards Tarke Gyang after having breakfast in the morning. It takes almost almost 5 to 6 hours from the Yak kharka to reach Tarke Gyang which lies at the height of 2590m from the sea level and spend overnight in this village.
Day 12: Trek to Sermathang
After spending one night in the Tarke Gyang we will slowly start our trekking towards Sermathang after having breakfast in the morning. The people of this village practice Drukpa kagyu Buddhism as the same as the national religion of Bhutan and it takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Sermathang from the Tarke Gyang which lies at the height of 2610m from the sea level and spend one night in this place.
Day 13: Trek to Malemchi Puul Bazaar and Drive to Kathmandu
After spending one night in the Sermathang we will slowly start our trekking towards Malemchi pul bazaar after having breakfast in the morning. After reaching in the malemchi pul bazaar we will drive for Kathmandu valley and spend overnight in the Kathmandu valley.
Day 14: Final departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- You’re Meal in During the Trek as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea or coffee).
- All Trekking Permit Langtang National Park and TIMS Card.
- All Ground Local transportation.
- Both way Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and Melanchipull to Kathmandu by Jeep
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.