Ampu Lapcha Pass Trek
Ampu Lapcha Pass Trek Wilderness and Less Touristic More Challenging High Pass
Ampu Lapcha Pass Trek is one of the most challenging treks in the Khumbu region. In this trek, you will climb the two most popular trekking peaks. This trekking route lies on the Everest region. The trek to this pass is through the upper Hongu valley and the trails also include Chukkung valley which needs technical equipment and the skilled trekker to use the equipment. You will able to experience the highest Himalayan on earth, beautiful culture and hospitality of the Sherpa people. It is one f the most exciting adventure full of epinephrine activities. On our trip, we climb one of the fascinating trekking peaks in Nepal. This trekking trails is not only for the high Himalayan summits but also famous for historical sites. The trail of the trek has the feature of classic expedition too. In this trekking time, we will explore Namche Bazaar and Lukla which observe rare nature and wildlife and do some real climbing of the Himalayan.
Ampu Lapcha Pass Trek more interesting for all the trekkers who mountains. It is one of the difficult passes of Nepal. This is an adventure trekking which offers both Trekking in Nepal and Peak Climbing. It is an opportunity for the entire adventure seeker. The trek starts in the subtropics and reaches a height of over 5000m above from the sea level. Climbing the peaks gives a good experience of mountain climbing during the trekking. You will also be crossing this pass which is one of the highest passes the Himalayan along the trek. In this trekking we explore the village adding extra flavor to the journey. The trek is one of the high alpine regions consist of the world highest mountain expatiation. This trekking is suitable for that trekker who have physically fit and fine and who have experience or who have the knowledge to climb High Mountain. The best season for doing this trekking is from March to May and September to November.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu TIA and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Fly to Lukla, trek to Paiya 6 hours
Day 04: Paiya to Panggom 7 hours
Day 05: Panggom to Ningsow 6 hours
Day 06: Ningsow to Chhatra Khola 6 hours
Day 07: Chhatra Khola to Kothe 7 hours
Day 08: Kothe to Thaknak 5 hours
Day 09: Thaknak to Khare 5 hours
Day 10: Khare: Acclimatization and pre-climb training
Day 11: Khare to Mera High Camp 5 hours
Day 12: Summit Mera Peak, trek to Kongma Dingma 6 hours
Day 13: Kongma Dingma rest day
Day 14: Kongma Dingma to Seto Pokhari 6 hours
Day 15: Seto Pokhari to Amphu Labcha Base Camp (South) 9/10 hours
Day 16: Amphu Labcha Base Camp to Chhukung 5 hours
Day 17: Chhukung to Pangboche 6 hours
Day 18: Chhukung to Namche Bazaar 7hours
Day 19: Namche Bazaar to Lukla 7 hours
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu 30 minute
Day 21: Final departure
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
A delegate will be meet you at the arrival gate of Tribhuwan international airport then you will transfer to the hotel which you have chosen for relax and freshen up. In the evening we will have our welcome dinner with you and your trekking guide.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The second day of our trekking we will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley after having breakfast. In this day we will visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath temple and Swaymbunath which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. After sightseeing we come back to hotel.
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Paiya
After having breakfast in the morning the guide will take you towards Tribhuvan international airport flying for about 35 minutes enjoying beautiful views of the middle hills and mountain of Nepal and we land lukla. After reaching lukla we will slowly start our trekking towards Paiya which takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Paiya from lukla which is at the height of 2730 meter from the sea level and spends one night in this place.
Day 04: Paiya to Panggom
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Pangom after spending one night in Paiya. It takes almost 5 to 6 hour to reach Panggom from Paiya which lies at the height 2846 meter from the sea level and spend one night in Panggom.
Day 05: Panggom to Ningsow
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Nimgsow village after spending one night in Panggom. We have to cross many villages and rivers before reaching the Ningsow village and it takes almost 4 to 5 hours to reach Nimgsow from Panggom which lies at the height of 2863 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this place.
Day 06: Ningsow to Chhatra Khola
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Chhatra khola after spending one night in Ningsow. It takes almost 7 to 8 hours to reach Chhatra khola from Nimgsow which lies at the height of 2800 meter from the sea level and we will spend one night in the Chhatra khola village.
Day 07: Chhatra Khola to Kothe
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Kothe village after spending one night in Chhatra khola. We cross bridge over the Sanu khola before reaching in Khothe village and we will spend one night is this valley.
Day 08: Kothe to Thaknak
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Thaknak after spending one night in Kothe village. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours to reach Thaknak from Kothe which lies at the height 4358 meter from the sea level and we will spend one night in this village.
Day 09: Thaknak to Khare
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Khare after spending one night in Thaknak. This route offers us the wonderful views of Charpate Himal and it takes almost 2 to 3 hours to reach Khare from Thaknak which lies at the height of 5045 meter from the sea level and we will spend one night in this village.
Day 10: Khare: Acclimatization and pre–climb training
Today we don’t start our trekking because this day is for training day before climbing. The training will include learning the best technique to use the rope for climbing up and down and spend one night in the Khare.
Day 11: Khare to Mera High Camp
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Mera high camp after spending one night in khare. It takes almost 6 to 7 hours to reach Mera high camp from Khare which lies at the height of 5780 meter from the sea level and spend one night in this place.
Day 12: Summit Mera Peak, trek to Kongma Dingma
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards summit Mera peak after spending one night in Mera high camp. After summiting Mera peak we will slowly trek to Kongma Dingma and we will spend one night in this village.
Day 13: Kongma Dingma rest day
This day we don’t start our trekking because this day is for rest and explore Kongma Dingma village all the day and come back to hotel and spend one night in this village.
Day 14 Kongma Dingma to Seto Pokhari
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Seto Pokhari after spending one night in Kongma Dingma. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours to reach Seto Pokhari from Kongma Dingma which lies at the height of 5035 meter from the sea level and spend one night in Seto Pokhari.
Day 15: Seto Pokhari to Amphu Labcha Base Camp (South)
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Amphu Labcha Base camp after spending one night in Seto Pokhari. It is one of the remotest parts of Himalayas that why we see few number of trekker in this route and we will pass many beautiful village and several lakes until we reach in this base camp and spend one night in this place.
Day 16: Amphu Labcha Base Camp to Chhukung
After having breakfast early in the morning we will slowly start our trekking towards Chhukung after spending one night in Amphu Labcha base camp. It takes almost 9 to 10 hours to reach Chhukung from Amphu Labcha Base camp which lies at the height of 4750 meter from the sea level and we will spend one night in this village.
Day 17: Chhukung to Pangboche
After having breakfast we will start our trekking come downward to the Pangboche after spending one night in the Chhukung. We get an opportunity to see the beautiful views of mountain and natural beauty of the nature while doing trekking in this route and spend overnight in the Pangboche.
Day 18: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
after having breakfast continue to Tengbche which is most famous monastry and very old in humbug region. we will bit rest and visit to gompa take picture then slowly trek to Namche Bazaar.
Day 19: Namche Bazaar to Lukla
After having breakfast we will start our trekking come downward to the lukla after spending one night in the Namche bazaar. It takes almost 6 hours to reach lukla from the Namche bazaar which is at the height of 2804 meter from the sea level and spend overnight in lukla.
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu
We will come back to Kathmandu valley by flying from the lukla airport. After reaching in the Kathmandu valley you will transfer to the hotel and take some rest and evening walk in the Thamel bazaar.
Day 21: Final departure
We will proudly drop you to the airport to catch your flight back to your home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu. .
- Both Way Domestic Air Ticket Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu
- You’re Meal in During the Trekking as Your standard meals (3 times a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cup of tea of Coffee).
- All Trekking Permit (Sagarmath National Park Permit), (Arun Valley National Permit) and TIMS Card.
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking Porter: porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional size of Pots Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- On the trekking Wi- Fi
- Personal expenses any type
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
There are many type of multiple trekking routes and selected depend on high altitude and Necessary Equipment. but all list Items area here.
- Tent (necessary for treks with camping)
- Sleeping bag (–15° bag will suffice on most treks)*
- Sleeping pad
- Silk liner
- Backpack (size depends on whether or not you have porters)
- Hiking boots* (break them in beforehand)
- Camp shoes (your reward after a long day)
- Wool socks (bring a few pairs of varying thickness)
- Lightweight trekking pants
- Trekking shorts
- T-Shirts (lightweight wool is great)
- Long underwear/Wool thermals
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Heavyweight pants for high elevations (also good for camp)
- Heavy down jacket (can be rented in Kathmandu)
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
- Water purification (pump, tablets, or Steris Pen; bring from home)
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack (for your rain jacket, snacks, camera, etc.)
- Heavy-duty duffle bag (preferred by porters)
- Gators (many people wear them but they are not mandatory)
- Sun screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, floss, etc.)
- Biodegradable bar soap
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Throat lozenges, lip balm
- Medications (Ibuprofen, others if necessary)
- Duct tape (fixes just about everything, at least temporarily. To avoid carrying an entire roll wraps the desired amount around a pencil)
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of your passport
According to actual official Itinerary and cost if any thing will adding date or staff, or condition bad weather take helicopter, Rescue about these thing the price will be adding.
If you have any more day extra we will organized different type of Activities as Mountain Flight, Helicopter, Jungle Safari, River Rafting, Bungee Jump, and Many other programs.